Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Black Entry

"If you can't respect that,
Your whole perspective is whacked.
Maybe you'll love me when I fade to black."

Well, OK, so maybe this isn't my exit blog entry... but I feel like any one of these could be. Am I done blogging? Is my creative inkwell gone? Why did Oceans 12 suck so bad?
These are just a few of the questions that haven't been keeping me up at night.

See, there are a few things different about the new job. I'll list a few here.
  • No personal email (and I want to clarify this-- it's not just 'Hey, don't do that,' they actually block all the web-based email sites, along with anything that could be considered 'fun' at work. And yeah, blogger's one of 'em)
  • Office of about 1,000 people (old office had roughly 30)
  • Parking garage. Fancy.
  • More responsibility.
  • People who care what you do during the day.
  • Et cetera.
Usually, by the time I get home from work I'm so fucking sick of computers, the mere thought of turning mine on is pretty much out of the question. This was fine-- for a while, but now that I can't do the personal stuff at the office, it falls to home. And I find that I ask myself, do I really want to power up that evil thing here? Do I? Really?

No. I don't.

But there's a paradox here (which, if you haven't figured it out by now, is evidenced by the fact that I'm writing now... duh). So maybe all blogging hope is not lost. Yet. I'm sure I'll find some happy medium again where I can entertain myself with my own thoughts (and hopefully a few of you too). Until then, be patient.

And much like Jay-Z, you can be sure I'll be reintroducing myself soon. Bitches.

6 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 9:34 PM, Blogger BJC said...

It never stopped being fun. It's just a pain in the ass now. It's really too bad.

 
At 9/14/2005 9:47 PM, Blogger BJC said...

I hear ya, hopefully it does work out. For my own sanity, if nothing else.

 
At 9/15/2005 1:04 AM, Blogger michelle said...

I love when you talk dirty to us....bitches

crap, what will I do if you don't see the humour in my statement....hmmmm

 
At 9/15/2005 7:43 AM, Blogger BJC said...

Don't worry, Michelle. By now I know your m.o.

 
At 9/15/2005 5:02 PM, Blogger Scott Garner said...

I feel your pain, B. And Alison, I am going to get back on the horse. My body is starting to adjust to the new hours and I'll be blogging more regularly soon.

 
At 9/19/2005 9:05 PM, Blogger D said...

I worked thru my little bout of not really "feeling the blog" (and hopefully will be able to do so even more soon) and I'm sure you will to, B.

D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You've reached the bottom of the glass.
Check out the archives on the right side of the page for more.

All material Copyright © 2005 Brad C., sole publisher of this blog