Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Dear Motorola

I wrote the following letter in September of 2004. Along with this photo, I have the video to go along with it, although I'm having trouble finding a host to post it online. The picture was taken with the new phone I had purchased that day (as was the video). Enjoy.

Dear Motorola,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with one of your products: the T-720 mobile phone. I purchased the phone in November of 2002, and since then have had nothing but problems. Aside from the numerous dropped calls and depressingly short battery life, there are also two major defects with the phone. Being a "flip-phone", many times the phone's software will not recognize the fact that it is closed-- until, that is, it receives a call, after which it immediately recognizes that the phone was in fact closed, and promptly hangs up on the caller. I've also noticed that the phone has a tendency to shut itself off at very inopportune moments, regardless of any effort I have made to keep the phone on.

I took the phone to my local service center several times, but they could do nothing to fix the problems, causing me a great deal of frustration.

Which leads me to my third problem.

Recently, I've noticed that when the phone is placed directly in the arc of a rapidly moving aluminum baseball bat, the phone's basic operations cease to function at their optimal levels. I've noticed that the performance of the phone was severely hindered and further, more forceful repetitions of this problem produced the same result, until the point that the phone wouldn't even turn on.

Enclosed is a photograph of the issue described above. I expect a full reimbursement for the cost of the phone, as well as a rebate on a future mobile phone purchase (from a different manufacturer, obviously) for the mental anguish that your sad excuse for a consumer product has caused me.

Thank you.

Brad C.

Albany, NY


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You've reached the bottom of the glass.
Check out the archives on the right side of the page for more.

All material Copyright © 2005 Brad C., sole publisher of this blog