Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I-CON Photo Gallery - Part II

Not sure exactly what I-CON is all about, even after reading their mission statement, but I concluded it to be just as I saw it on Saturday-- a completely random assortment of sexually frustrated people with little to no grip on reality. So am I part of this elite crowd for (kind of) attending the event? Of course not (how's that for a grip on reality?).

Who needs 20-sided dice when
you have plastic and duct tape?
Despite a strong showing from the sci-fi congregation, there were a lot of renaissance themes floating around, including a medieval battlefield. This, just as in the 16th century, consisted of pasty white guys wearing metal pasta strainers on their heads while trying to knock each other senseless with duct-taped wiffle-ball bats. During the "battles," which relied mostly on the enhanced wrist strength of the combatants, you could hear such disputatious phrases as, "I blow my nose at you, English pig dogs," "It's just a flesh wound," and "You will find me a shrubbery."

Man, knights get all the chicks.
Adding to the weird factor of the Holy Wars was an outcast fringe group of what I can only assume to be peons, but who many judge to be simply, Lesser Nerds. They had the desire, they had the duct tape, but for some reason or another, they just didn't have what it took to dress up in full regalia (most likely this missing element was a bored grandmother with a sewing machine). The only real protection they had was the bite plate on their retainers. I think the picture speaks for itself.
See that guy all the way to the right? That's an Ewok hat he's wearing.

Someday, lads. Someday.
Next up: Last few remaining thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You've reached the bottom of the glass.
Check out the archives on the right side of the page for more.

All material Copyright © 2005 Brad C., sole publisher of this blog