Thursday, April 07, 2005

MLB Notes: 4/7 - 2

Here are the games I had to choose from on XM Radio this afternoon:
Mets @ Reds
Royals @ Tigers
Nats @ Phillies

Right, so I flipped on the Reds game.
Listening to the game, if the play-by-play guy wasn't announcing the Mets' team name or the players names, you'd think you were listening to the Reds play the Chili's Bar & Grill Age 5 Tee-Ball team. The Mets are terrible. Fred Wilpon (the Mets owner) has got to be livid over this investment. It's like he paid for a new Jaguar and ended up driving home in a Schwinn.
Attention Mr. Wilpon, I think there's some shares left for Pets.com.

If Pedro Martinez called the Yankees his daddy last year, shouldn't the Red Sox be calling Mariano Rivera their love-bitch? I mean, he might as well put on the gimp outfit from Pulp Fiction. What happened to this guy? Against the rest of the league this guy is untouchable, but against the Sox he gets knocked around like Apollo Creed against Ivan Drago.
And while we're on it, here's today's example of a quote I wish I said first:
"Fans at Yankee Stadium even booed the great closer on his way back to the dugout, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Yankee fans are headed to hell." - Bill Simmons, ESPN.com

I'll end this post by declaring that I will be referring to the Washington Nationals as the Naticles from this point forward. It's a juvenille play on words, simple low-brow dick humor, and yet I embrace this cheap joke willingly. Feel free to use it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You've reached the bottom of the glass.
Check out the archives on the right side of the page for more.

All material Copyright © 2005 Brad C., sole publisher of this blog