Sunday, April 10, 2005

Nerds - Something to look forward to

After I posted yesterday, we (my girlfriend and I) finished up our business at Stony Brook and had some time to kill. The following conversation took place:
Me: So, you want to go check out that I-CON thing now?
Her: Yeah sure, we can do that.
Me: Do you know how to get there?
Her (gesturing behind me): Why don't we just follow the guy from Zelda?

Yup, sure enough there was Link, walking on the sidewalk as if all was well in the kingdom of Hyrule (thank you for defeating Gannon and completing the Triforce, Link!). Needless to say, we followed him down to the convention (luckily for us, we guessed right and that's where he was headed), and all I can say is "WOW." I mean, I consider myself somewhat of a dork (and I actually own this shirt), but this was beyond over the top. And it wasn't just one type of nerd, like a Star Trek convention. It was a smorgasboard of dweebs, from all hunched walks of life, and all hailing from different dungeon masters. It's the kind of diversity that would have made Dr King proud.
But before I end up alienating/insulting more readers, I'll just say that I took pictures. A bunch of pictures. And I'll be posting them throughout the week.
Suffice to say it's something to look forward to. Should be an interesting week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

You've reached the bottom of the glass.
Check out the archives on the right side of the page for more.

All material Copyright © 2005 Brad C., sole publisher of this blog