Friday, July 08, 2005

Friday's Links - 7/8

Beer League - First and foremost, I have to recommend this link to everybody who has ever lived. It's a comedic but spot-on look at the world of beer league hockey, a world where I've been (in college) and also where I'll be entering two times per week all summer. They really couldn't have done this any better, from the action shots to the locker room scenes (don't worry, no nudity). Go check this out. I'm begging you.

Article 1 - Most people would kill to have parents like these.

Article 2 - A success story from a successful man. The lesson - get in on the bottom floor of an emerging technology and all your days will be roses. Seriously though, it's a good read.

Article 3 - "So, Mr. Cochrane, do you think I have a case?" "Do you have a case? Let me put it this way-- if they mess with the stars, the money will be ours."

Article 4 - The article's writer could have easily spun this the other way by changing just one word. In the beginning of the 3rd paragraph, instead of "Almost," if he had used "Not even," you'd see the liberal side of things. Damn media messing with the whores.

Article 5 - Until the WNBA has fans like this guy, it will never be a real sport.

Article 6 - $10K for a private education? You'd better go buy a DeLorean with that money too.

6 Comments:

At 7/08/2005 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beer League was hillarious!! I'm a huge hockey fan, thanks for sharing.

Allison: I think even the players from the US have Canadian accents. At least in our local minor league they do.

 
At 7/08/2005 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison ~ my deepest apologies for the misspelling of your name. That's what I get for not proofing before I publish.

 
At 7/08/2005 9:15 PM, Blogger michelle said...

Damn I think I have dated most of those guys.....

 
At 7/11/2005 9:49 AM, Blogger BJC said...

If this show airs in Canada and not the States I'm hitting you guys up for some VHS tapes.

 
At 7/11/2005 6:46 PM, Blogger Scott Garner said...

If you're mailing weed... aww, dammit... what exactly DO they monitor with the Patriot Act? Really? Shit!

 
At 7/11/2005 7:10 PM, Blogger BJC said...

...like sending salt water to the Pacific.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

You've reached the bottom of the glass.
Check out the archives on the right side of the page for more.

All material Copyright © 2005 Brad C., sole publisher of this blog